Countries Without Remo Agreement

  • Posted on: September 15, 2021
  • By:

A REMO can also be used for the foreign income of a non-resident parent with their habitual residence in the UK. The UK has CONCLUDED REMO agreements with more than 100 countries. This means that English courts can be contacted to enforce an injunction obtained in another country. The official solicitor has updated the official list of government countries where support orders can be applied to children issued in other countries. The new updated remo list includes 115 countries for which the specific legal mechanism for the enforcement of maintenance obligations is mentioned. These include `EU Regulation 4/2009`, i.e. Regulation No 4/2009 of the European Council on `jurisdiction, applicable law, recognition and enforcement of decisions and cooperation in matters relating to maintenance obligations`. .